Sunday, October 03, 2010

Keepin on

We have a new assignment this week to focus on the cranium, leaving out the details of the main face (eyes, nose, mouth, etc.)  I am excited to push my understanding of contour line drawings with this and will try my best to not rely on shading for two of these studies.  The first class of this week I was out at a speaking session for artists of various disciplines who showed there work and spoke within their area of expertise.  The change in mindset from discipline to discipline was interesting to see, along with its inherent required skill set.  Industrial design gave instruction on putting enough time into the final product of your work in order to make it really shine and stand out, along with keeping in mind when you don't need things top notch in order to save time and invest it in the places where it needs to be, and playing with illusions to your advantage.  During the graphic design part of the program we where assaulted with image after image of design examples that this company did.  It was inspiring, humbling, maddening, and in the end a visual overload of impressive concepts and design.  For Thursday everyone buckled down and cranked out some drawings for the assignment or messaged areas that needed improvement.  I received a critique of my previous drawings from Amy which helped me see the direction I need to take my drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spare change is appreciated.