Sunday, October 17, 2010

Memory


This week we drew the skull from memory to practice drawing without a physical object in front of us but rather having to draw on memory of the last weeks of drawing the skull.  I couldn't believe how much I did not remember from all the time I spent observing the skull.  We around at other peoples drawings and  could see a huge difference around the room.  Aimee mentioned that this really was a function of where your mind was when you where drawing.  I suppose that I was in the room observing and drawing physically but mentally thinking about anything but drawing.  So perhaps for me the most important aspect of drawing right now will be to work on my mental discipline to focus my mental energy on the drawing process instead of what I have to do later.



  
 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Spare change is appreciated.