Sunday, September 26, 2010

Second week success

Patience came easier this week as I got into the swing of closely studying what I was drawing.  We had a critique of our three skull drawings on Wednesday which was really helpful.  Whenever your work gets put up you see it fresh and with new eyes.  This summer when editing photos I would spend a long time on them, put them away, and come back to them a different day and change them cause I realize that the edit didn't really fit.  Sometimes I would even come back to them a third or fourth time with fresh eyes to  make sure they where ok.  With the skull drawings I tried to do this by finishing them a day or two early so I could look at them after finishing and change whatever needed to be changed.  The critique group I was in really helped me to see what I needed to change and improve on as well as the strengths of those first drawings.  At times I relied to much on shading to describe the form of the skull instead of contour line. After all the critiques our professor spoke about breathing life and energy into the drawings.  How some artists are able to make any mundane everyday object come to life and capture you.  She spoke of the masters and how they where able to capture this energy through their drawings.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Spare change is appreciated.