Thursday, September 09, 2010

First things first

Introductions...

Q: How long have you been at Stout? 
A: Embarrassed cough...  lets just say I'm a super senior.

Q:What is your concentration? 
A: I am a multimedia design major but seem to be distracted by glimmering specks of gold in other subjects the further I progress in my major.  I only have 2 semesters left so am finishing up to get my bachelors after which I will experience some life outside of the US.

Q:Why are you taking Life Drawing II?
A: Drawing unfortunately is put to the side in most of my creative pursuits and am trying to change that.  My figure drawing is especially in need of attention.

Q:What do you hope to learn? 
 A: I want to finish this semester with an improved understanding of translating the objects I see onto the paper with appropriate line and proportion.  To change my turbid relationship with drawing to one of respect and trust. 

Q:What are some projects/artworks you've completed recently? 
A: Almost finished touching up 10 roles of film I shot in California visiting with family and ODing on the Yosemite back country for a couple days.  For some reason I feel much more comfortable shooting film with my 1980's Pentax then I ever have with a digital body.  My nomadic parents ended up there a couple years ago and a time opened up during the summer to bring down the 365 days since I had seen them to a more manageable 0.  I am very excited with how the project is finishing up.







Q:What travel or internships have you done?
A: I did an exchange to Germany for a year during which I was able to travel extensively.  It altered me so completely that at times I feel like an exchange student here. 

Q:What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
A: Hmm, well in the free time I had during the summer I read a lot about different health topics (interested in fermented foods and eastern medicine), played disc golf, tried to run/bike, a little photography, watched a lot of movies (favorites being Sin Nombre, Revanche, The Burning Plain, En la Cama, The Insider), brewed my first batch of beer, and simply relaxing in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spare change is appreciated.